It's time for our weekly feature, Moosey Monday! (Yes I know it's Tuesday I missed this yesterday). Also as a side note do not look up moosey on Urban Dictionary as it has nothing to do with Moosey Monday. Today there will be a simple listening of moose facts and next week something extra special will be prepared!
Did you Know?
- Moose can weigh up to 1,800 pounds but still reach speeds of 35 mph.
- Moose love water and often will feed off of underwater plants.
- Moose can easily swim 10 miles or more in a day!
- Moose are known as moose in North America but as elk in Europe and Asia.
- The word moose means bark eater.
- Male moose shed their 90 pound antlers every winter and grow them back in the spring!
- Do not threaten a moose, they can be fast and aggressive if threatened, they are also immune to bullets.
- Moose are better than you, and they know it.