Friday, March 25, 2011

Awesome Valor Point Changes Incoming In WoW

In the upcoming 4.1 patch the valor point system will be receiving a very nice change. Currently, players receive 70 points for completing the first random heroic five man dungeon they do in a day; this means that a player must log in everyday and do a heroic if they wish to acquire the maximum amount of points to buy gear with. This can be quite a pain because some days I, and many others, just don't have any time to play. Anybody like that will be delighted with the upcoming changes!

In 4.1 players will receive 70 valor points for the first seven heroics they complete each week. This means that if you have a ton of time to play one day you could quite possibly get a guild group together, blaze through some heroics, and be done for the rest of the week! This is a great change that allows players more freedom of choice. For me this is especially good as some days I just don't feel like playing WoW but I feel I must in order to not fall behind in the gear race.
Creepy tiki mask in the revamped Zul'Gurub
In addition to this change Blizzard announced something pretty interesting; the new heroics, revamped Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman, will be considered tier 2 heroics. Not only do they drop better gear but completing them rewards 140 valor points, double that of tier 1 heroics. This means that if a player runs ZG and ZA seven times a weak they can get a maximum of 980 valor points in a week! This doesn't "stack" with tier 1 heroics though, players can only receive valors from seven heroics in a week.
Be prepared to fight this guy, over and over and over.
My only concern here, besides the whole raid level gear being more easily accessible from 5 mans problem, is that currently there are only two "tier 2" heroics, ZA and ZG. This means that players wanting the maximum valor points will be doing these two over and over and over with no variety. Hopefully in 4.2 more tier two dungeons will be added to ease the monotony a bit.

14 comments:

  1. seems likea great change. ive been thinking about resubbing to wow now that im sure everyone isn't so crazy incompetent at heroics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks pretty cool although I don't think I can break my other gaming addictions for WoW atm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. Im still grinding my other toons to LVL 85 to kill stuff with my bro. I feel lame because life is more important and it gets in the way of me sitting still for hours to chill with my bro.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That tiki mask is going to haunt my dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  5. following and $upporting

    therichesthappiest.blogspot.com

    your best friend in the blogo$phere

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like these changes. I dont have time to log in every day. I can only really play once a week now...if that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great! I really need some heh

    ReplyDelete
  8. I stopped playing WoW. Im NOT gonna read this because i know i wanna play WoW again :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow sweet. I haven't played in so long I don't know exactly what Valor Points are.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh WOW, i will never understand you...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks good, but I just can't do WOW.

    ReplyDelete